- About Urban Affairs
- Alabama A&M University
- Alabama A&M University Agribition Center
- Auburn University
- Land-Grant Institutions
- Communications & Marketing
- Communications & Networking Forms
- Urban Annual Reports
- Urban Forms
- Urban Publications
- Urban Extension Programs
- 09/02 - Champion Health, Aerobics & Motivational Program Initiating Optimal Nutrition (CHAMPION) - Adult Classes
- 09/03 - Champion Nutrition Education Class and Cooking School for Adults
- 09/03 - Creating a Business Plan Seminar presented by SCORE
- 09/09 - Champion Health, Aerobics & Motivational Program Initiating Optimal Nutrition (CHAMPION) - Adult Classes
- 09/14 - Blackbelt Small Farmer Ruminant Improvement Meeting
- 09/15 - South Mississippi Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative Conference
- 09/15 - Soil Focus Series
- 09/16 - Champion Health, Aerobics & Motivational Program Initiating Optimal Nutrition (CHAMPION) - Adult Classes
- 09/18 - Home Assessment System/SeRPIE for Wiregrass Rehabilitation Center
- 09/22 - Rose Care and Pruning
Urban Affairs and New Nontraditional Programs, located on the campus of Alabama A&M University, is one of six base program areas of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and a national leader in providing urban Extension programs and services that sustain the environment and impact the lives of Alabama’s growing and diverse populations.
For more than a decade, Urban Affairs & New Nontraditional Programs has been at the forefront in providing life-changing programs for individuals, families, children and youth, entrepreneurs, and animal producers just to name a few. Our goal is to ultimately improve and sustain lives, homes, communities, businesses, and the environment.
Ethnic Vegetable Crops Workshop
August 29, 2015, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the
Alabama A&M University Agricultural Research Station
372 Walker Lane, Hazel Green, Alabama
Registration Fee $10 -- includes lunch and resource materials
Contact: Eddie Wheeler (256) 264-55339, Robert Spencer (256) 689-0274,
Rao Mentreddy (256) 457-8552, JaMarkus Crowell (256) 372-4424,
Karen Wynne (256) 520-2400, or Radhia Kakani (256) 604-1179
Extension Day on the Hill
September 11, 2015, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
James I Dawson Building on the campus of
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University
"A Call to Service" -- A chance for the public, students, faculty and staff of AAMU to attend an open house and become more aware of all Urban Extension has to offer.
A press conference will be held at 10:30 a.m. featuring public officials, AAMU and Extension administrators, there will be a balloon release. and so much more!
Light refreshments will be served.
For general information please contact: Kim Neloms (256) 372-4585,
or Andrea Morris (256) 372-8082
Metro News is a quarterly online newsletter that features current news and research-based articles on urban and nontraditional topics for global audiences.
Alabama Families First, formerly A Look at Alabama Families, is a dynamic web site that offers timely information for Alabama’s traditional and nontraditional families.
Programación en Español, is a web site that serves both Alabama’s growing Hispanic population and the people who work with them.