- About Urban Affairs
- Alabama A&M University
- Alabama A&M University Agribition Center
- Auburn University
- Land-Grant Institutions
- Communications & Marketing
- Communications & Networking Forms
- Urban Annual Reports
- Urban Forms
- Urban Publications
- Urban Extension Programs
- 08/03 - Community Health Aerobic Motivational Program Initiating Optimal Nutrition (CHAMPION) - Adult Classes
- 08/10 - Community Health Aerobic Motivational Program Initiating Optimal Nutrition (CHAMPION) - Adult Classes
- 08/10 - Blackbelt Small Farmer Ruminant Improvement Meeting
- 08/11 - Fall Gardening Workshop
- 08/17 - Community Health Aerobic Motivational Program Initiating Optimal Nutrition (CHAMPION) - Adult Classes
- 08/29 - Livestock, Forages, and Natural Resouces Workshop and Field Day
- 09/14 - Blackbelt Small Farmer Ruminant Improvement Meeting
- 09/16 - Rose Care and Pruning
- 10/09 - Artificial Insemination of Goats a Hands-On Demonstration
- 10/12 - Blackbelt Small Farmer Ruminant Improvement Meeting
Urban Affairs and New Nontraditional Programs, located on the campus of Alabama A&M University, is one of six base program areas of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and a national leader in providing urban Extension programs and services that sustain the environment and impact the lives of Alabama’s growing and diverse populations.
For more than a decade, Urban Affairs & New Nontraditional Programs has been at the forefront in providing life-changing programs for individuals, families, children and youth, entrepreneurs, and animal producers just to name a few. Our goal is to ultimately improve and sustain lives, homes, communities, businesses, and the environment.
Hydroponic Farm Tour
July 29, 2015, starts at 10:00 a.m.,
J. Sparks Farm, 312 Esslinger Drive Gurley, AL 35748
There is online registration available Quick Glance with title, "Hydroponic Farm Tour - Registration" Please note everyone will meet at J. Sparks Farm the day of the event. We advise everyone to PRE-REGISTER.
2015 Agricultural Risk Management
Business Development Training Workshop
August 19-21, 2015, beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the Jon Archer Agricultural Center,
1070 Schillinger Rd., N Mobile, AL 36608
There is online registration available at Quick Glance with title, 2015 Ag. Risk Management & Business Development Workshop - Registration. Please note there is a $20.00 fee that reserves your spot, limited scholarships available and optional transportation provided. Please inquire about the limited scholarships by calling (256)-372-4424 or (256)-372-4970.
Metro News is a quarterly online newsletter that features current news and research-based articles on urban and nontraditional topics for global audiences.
Alabama Families First, formerly A Look at Alabama Families, is a dynamic web site that offers timely information for Alabama’s traditional and nontraditional families.
Programación en Español, is a web site that serves both Alabama’s growing Hispanic population and the people who work with them.