- Helping Adolescents, Young Adults & Families
- Beginning Education Early (B.E.E.)
- Early Childhood Resources
- Family Childcare Partnerships
- Fisheries Resources for K-12 Educators
- Urban Family Network: A Look at Alabama Families
- Alabama Arbor Day Poster Contest
- Alabama Junior Master Gardener
- Financial Programs
- Sports Nutrition for Young Adults
- Related Publications
- Other Resources
- 04/28 - Rucker Boulevard 6th Grade Science Club
- 04/28 - Wonderful World of Plants at Lewis Academy
- 04/28 - HMS All Stars
- 04/28 - AES Prosper Strengthening Farmilies Program 10-14
- 04/28 - Monroe County Chick Chain Training
- 04/30 - "Forestry and Wildlife for Youth" Field Day and Tour
- 04/30 - Junior Master Gardener Planting Party & Club Kickoff
- 04/30 - 4-H CYI Youth Council
- 04/30 - Montgomery County 4-H Volunteer meeting
- 05/02 - Pratt Parks Kids' Fishing Day
Join the Alabama Cooperative Extension System for
Extension Youth Day on November 17, 2012 at Auburn University
Education and fun will be the theme of the day – educational exhibits and admission officers from Alabama A&M and Auburn Universities will be on hand. Participate in healthy lifestyle games and meet football greats from both universities. Then watch the two ACES sister institutions clash on the football field!
Four educational exhibits will focus on science, engineering, agriculture, and natural resources:
- AU College of Engineering Biosystems Engineering mobile gasification system
- AAMU/Biological & Environmental Sciences (BES) Biodiesel Classroom
- AAMU/BES Stream Hydrology trailer
- AAMU Water Wheel (water purification) system
- Prepare for college by talking with admission officers from both Alabama A&M and Auburn Universities.
- Have a picture made and get a signed autograph (pictures provided) from football greats Howard Ballard of A&M and Tommy "T.J." Jackson of Auburn.
- Other exhibits include Healthy Lifestyle (where kids can play games); Alabama Saves program and the Alabama 4-H Club Foundation.
Information You Need to Know
Extension Youth Day will open at 8 a.m. until noon. Kickoff time is 1:00 p.m.
- Download the Flyer (.pdf file)
- Download the Driving Direction Map (.pdf file)
- Download the Parking & Event Map (.pdf file)
- Come Early; traffic is heavy on game days.
- Check out the Auburn Game Day web site -- there is information to help you.
- Everyone who enters Jordan-Hare Stadium must have a ticket (babies included). No exceptions.
Questions about Extension Youth Day? Send us an e-mail.