- About Urban Affairs
- Alabama A&M University
- Alabama A&M University Agribition Center
- Auburn University
- Land-Grant Institutions
- Communications & Marketing
- Communications & Networking Forms
- Urban Annual Reports
- Urban Forms
- Urban Publications
- Urban Extension Programs
- 10/16 - Alabama Livestock Auction
- 10/18 - Hoof Care Management Workshop and Trimming Demonstration
- 10/18 - Back to Basics: Fall Garden & Landscape Management
- 10/20 - Retree Jacksonville- Tornado Recovery Tree Giveaway
- 10/23 - Parasite Management
- 10/25 - How to read the FAMACHA Chart
- 10/27 - National Prescription Drug Take-Back Program
- 10/27 - Alabama A&M University Town Hall on Domestic Violence and Drug/Opioid Abuse
- 10/29 - Invasive Plant Species Workshop
- 10/30 - Alabama Livestock Auction
One Health Symposium for Sheep and Goat Production
August 24-25, 2018
Perdido Beach Resort
27200 Perdido Beach Boulevard
Orange Beach, AL 36561
The One Health Symposium is designed to educate stakeholders on the basic principles of animal and environmental health, as well as forage and grazing management for sheep and goats. It offers an integrative approach to attaining optimal health and environmental conditions.
Registration FeeThe cost of registration is $30.00 for all Symposium activities. Please make check or money order payable to: AAMU Foundation c/o Urban Extension and in the memo line write: One Health Symposium.
Mail payment to:
Dr. Maria Leite-Browning
Alabama Cooperative Extension System
Alabama A&M University
P.O. Box 967
Normal, AL 35762
Perdido Beach Resort
The Perdido Beach Resort is the location for the One Health Symposium for Sheep and Goat Production. A block of rooms has been reserved at a rate of $159.00 plus tax per night. To reserve your room directly with Perdido Beach Resort, just call 1-855-516-1090 and be sure to mention the Booking ID #14652.
Holiday Inn Express - Gulf Shores
An additional 20 rooms are reserved at the Holiday Inn Express for a rate of $119.00 a night. Please visit: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/gulf-shores/gfscm/hoteldetail to make reservations online.
Or call 251-948-6191 and mention that you are with the One Health Symposium Group. The cut-off date is August 8. For questions or concerns, please contact Alan Olson at 251-307-2109.
For event information, please visit www.aces.edu/urban or contact:
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome!