- Agricultural Disasters
- Families & Communities
- Hazards & Threats
- Human Health
- Weather & Climate
- Current Situation/EDEN Home
Be Prepared for Disaster
Disasters come in many forms and may happen when we least expect them. But you can be prepared. This site has many resources intended to help you prepare for disasters such as those listed above. Spending a few hours in preparation for a disaster can make recovery easier and may even save lives – your own and those of loved ones – not to mention companion animals and possessions.
Current Situation in Alabama
Now's a good time to get prepared for spring hazards. Among those are wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods. Check out these resources to learn more.
- eXtension Wildfire Information Network (eWIN web page)
- FEMA How to Prepare for a Wildfire (PDF)
- Alabama Forestry Commission 50 Ways to Protect Your Woodland Home from Wildfire (PDF)
- ACES Floods (web page)
- eXtension Floods (web page)
- NWS Huntsville spring flood outlook for the Tennessee Valley of northern Alabama and southern middle Tennessee. Indications are average flood potential for this year.
Got Questions about Mad Cow Disease?
For information, news, and contacts visit the Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy page.
Foot-and-Mouth Disease is caused by a virus that infects two-toed farm and wild animals, such as cows, pigs, sheep, goats and deer. To find out more about the disease and how you can help stop its spread, click here.