- This event has passed.
The Southeast Diabetes Faith Initiative (SDFI) helps participants achieve moderate weight loss by eating well and being active. SDFI is a yearlong program designed for people with prediabetes. It is also designed for people who are at high risk for type 2 diabetes and want to lower their risk.
By the end of the first six months, the overall goal is to:
• Lose at least 5 to 7 percent of your starting weight.
• Get at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week.
By the end of the second six months, the goal is to:
• Keep off the weight you have lost.
• Keep working toward your weight goal.
• Continue getting at least 150 minutes of activity each week.