- This event has passed.
NEW Participants Only
National Diabetes Prevention Program
Southeast Diabetes Faith Initiative
The Southeast Diabetes Faith Initiative (SDFI) helps participants achieve moderate weight loss by eating well and being active. SDFI is a yearlong program designed for people with prediabetes. It is also designed for people who are at high risk for type 2 diabetes and want to lower their risk.
By the end of the first six months, the overall goal is to:
• Lose at least 5 to 7 percent of your starting weight.
• Get at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week.
By the end of the second six months, the goal is to:
• Keep off the weight you have lost.
• Keep working toward your weight goal.
• Continue getting at least 150 minutes of activity each week.