- This event has passed.
The goal of this program is to provide educational resources and training that will improve the overall well-being of Alabama’s older adults, families, and caregivers. It is designed to increase participants’ knowledge, skills, and adoption of positive behaviors by helping them to:
• Recognize financial abuse and exploitation among the elderly.
• Make informed decisions regarding their financial needs.
• Use positive strategies for adjusting to the various changes that come with aging (use of assistive devices & fall prevention strategies).
• Practice positive strategies that help reduce the chances of being defrauded.
• Participate in activities that promote healthy aging.
Consumer Decision Making Wednesday, September 7th at 11:00 a.m. (Ciji Griffin)
Fall Prevention Wednesday, September 21st at 11:00 a.m. (Allyssa Steel)
Fraud & Scram Wednesday, October 5th at 11:00 a.m. (Pamela Irby)
Healthy Aging Wednesday, October 19th at 11:00 a.m. (Darlene Minniefield)
Consumer Decision Making Wednesday, November 2nd at 11:00 a.m. (Ciji Griffin)
P.O. Box 967
Alabama A&M University
Normal, AL 35762