- This event has passed.
Auburn University Beef Teaching Unit, 500 Shug Jordan Parkway, Auburn, AL 36849
Alabama 4-H Poultry Week is Monday, June 24 through Wednesday, June 26. Registration is through 4HOnline.
Wednesday, June 26, is Egg Cookery and Poultry Que. In Egg Cookery, contestants must prepare an egg dish, demonstrate presentation skills, and incorporate knowledge of the egg industry, food safety, egg quality and nutrition.
The Poultry Que contest involves skills in barbecuing and preparation of a product. Senior level participants give a presentation that demonstrates knowledge of the subject industry, food safety, and product attributes.
- 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.: Check-in; Setup grills and cookery equipment
- 9 a.m.: 4-H Pledge and general announcements
- 9:15 a.m.: Egg Cookery Prep Room Closes
- 9:15 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Poultry Que at Auburn University Beef Teaching Unit
- 1 p.m.: Give presentations; All Senior I and II BBQ members
- 3 p.m.: Awards and Clean-up