- This event has passed.
819 Cook Ave, Huntsville, AL 35801
RED RIBBON WEEK is organized by the National Family Partnership and is the largest drug-abuse prevention campaign in the nation. Alabama 4-H is excited to support this great week through a poster contest as part of our Health Rocks!® program series. 4-H Youth will create a virtual, interactive poster promoting drug prevention and awareness using platforms such as Google Slides, Google Drawing, Glogster, Canva, and others.
1. All participants must register as an Alabama A&M 4-H Youth Development Participant. http://www.aces.edu/go/4HRegistration.
2. The due date is October 28, 2020
3. All of the following must be displayed on the poster:
(a) The Red Ribbon Week 2020 theme “Be Happy. Be Brave. Be Drug Free.TM”
(b)The Red Ribbon Week 2020 logo.
(c) The Alabama 4-H logo.
4. The poster must have an anti-drug message or theme.
5. The poster must be interactive. Two links must be included: a picture, icon, emoji, or other media linked to http://www.redribbon.org and at least one other interactive experience linking audiences to other sources of information pertaining to drug awareness.
6. Posters will be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , tagging Alabama 4-H at Alabama A&M University on Facebook, or sending it in a private message to our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/AL4HAAMU/
7. All posters will be shared to the Alabama 4-H at Alabama A&M University Facebook page. The winning poster will be determined by a combination of staff recommendations and social media voting (likes and shares).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_RZV0eMo8 Canva (4 mins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzNzF7vOVes Google Drawings (5 mins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tuer–zFKo Google Drawings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RSWti2E40&t=471s Google Slides (22 mins)
These are just a few, but there are many more platforms and resources out there to learn how to create interactive posters. Research and find more!
819 Cook Ave
Huntsville, AL 35801