- This event has passed.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System is offering free diabetes
education classes in Alabama. You can receive eight hours of diabetes
self-management training in your community. These classes are designed to:
• Educate on how to best control blood sugar, blood pressure, and
• Empower you to establish relationships with your primary care
• Encourage better nutrition and regular exercise;
• Encourage lifestyle changes that lead to the reduction in the number of diabetes complications ( heart disease, blindness, nerve damage, etc.) and limb amputations; and
• Express the importance of developing support networks of family,
friends, and existing community-based social services.
These six (6) classes present information in simple medical terms and
concepts using props and pictures in a way that is conducive to better
understanding and make learning fun. The classes are 60- 90 minutes long. If
you have diabetes or pre-diabetes, we invite you to contact us for more
information; or if you are an organization that wishes to become a
community partner and provide a location for diabetes education.
Helen H Jones -Regional Extension Agent at (334) 201-6775 or
504 First Avenue North Clanton, AL 35045