- This event has passed.
16034 Co Rd 29, Jemison, AL 35085, AL
Hosted by the AWGGA, the Alabama Cooperative Extension System, and Auburn University.
9 – 9:15 a.m. – Welcome
Becky Berta, AWGGA Vice President
9:15 a.m. – Noon – Educational Session
- Keynote Speaker – Dr. Andrew Walker, UC Davis, CA
- Pierce’s disease resistant European wine grapes nearing release from UC Davis
- Other speakers will share their experience cultivating UC Davis developed pierce’s disease resistant European grapes in Alabama and the southeast. These speakers include:
- Dr. Elina Coneva, Auburn University
- Dr. Kassie Conner, Auburn University
- Dr. Cain Hickey, University of Georgia
- Mr. Randal Wilson, White Oak Vineyards
Noon – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch
1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Travel to the Chilton Research and Extension Center
- 120 Co. Rd. 756 Clanton, AL 35045
1:45 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Tour and Demonstration
- Walking tour and demonstration of research vineyards where Dr. Walker’s pierce’s disease resistant Vitis vinifera (European) grapes are being grown on different training stems
3 p.m. – Adjourn
(Included with Registration)
Please, register for the meeting by: Sept. 6. Tickets are limited to the first 70 guests.
Checks for $80 for AWGGA members and $90 for non-members may be mailed to:
214 Sanders Road SE, Hartselle, AL 35640
If you have questions, please contact Kim Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 515-0113 (text is best). Also click “going” on our Facebook event. We need to keep track so we do not run out of room!