This video provides a quick explanation of what constitutes a Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) in agriculture, how GMOs relate to agriculture and why genetic modification is the basis of all agricultural practices. It also introduces the term bioengineering and its role as a tool in modern agriculture.
Content below reflects the text in the graphics of the video:
- Agriculture is the domestication of crops and livestock for human consumption.
- All crops and livestock have been Genetically Modified by human hands.
- Selective breeding and hybridization are the original tools of Gene Modification
- Bioengineering is the modern tool of Genetic Modification for Agriculture.
- All Bioengineered / GMO foods are safe for consumption and safe for the environment.