Products & Programs
Urban Extension is Online
Tune in for the same great interactive programming, available on new virtual platforms.
Urban Extension online learning classes are now accessible from anywhere with internet access by using computers, tablets, or cell phones. The Urban Extension team is utilizing the Zoom platform and Facebook Live to reach the community with empowering educational resources.
About Zoom – If you are new to Zoom, click on this link to the Zoom website to watch a video that will help you prepare for your class.
Online Learning Class Schedule
Click on a class below for registration and complete course schedule.
Scroll to the right for all July courses.
Urban Extension Online Learning Classes
The Urban Extension online class schedule has been color-coded to help you quickly find classes within topic categories. Click on a class below for more information about registration, course schedule, possible continuing education credits, and future class sessions.
4-H Youth Development
- Book Bites – Young children are invited to attend storytime. Each presenter will read a short children’s book that focuses on health and nutrition. Then, the children will have an opportunity to complete a fun activity.
- Virtual Robotics Camp – Participants will learn about block coding and will then use block coding to program a virtual robot. Block coding is another way to conduct computer programming without using words.
- FLIP: Goal Diggers – Teens and young adults, ages 16-25, will learn how to develop SMART goals, vision boards, and actively pursue financial goals by becoming a goal digger.
Lawn & Garden
- Back 2 Basics – Learn more about the basics of limited-space gardening and landscaping for urban areas.
- STEM in the Garden – This webinar course will train teachers on basic gardening principles, ways to align the Alabama gardening calendar with the school year calendar, and solutions to common problems associated with outdoor classrooms.
- Camp Conservation for Teachers – Teachers will learn new techniques for integrating environmental education into science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (E-STEM) learning in kindergarten through 8th grade classrooms.
- Environmental Education – Whether an educator, an environmental professional, or a nature-lover, tune in to discover how to become a better steward of the environment and its precious resources.
- Meaningful Mondays – Weekly estate planning series that will provide insight into advance planning.
- Seniors Safe at Home – The series is set to empower seniors with the knowledge they need to live successfully in their own homes.
(Spanish) Health & Nutrition
- Connecting to Nutrition – This series will be taught in Spanish. In less than 30 minutes, participants will learn about general nutrition tips, eating a balanced diet, the importance of being active, and shopping tips for eating healthy on a budget.
- We are on Facebook. Be sure to like and follow the Alabama Extension at Alabama A&M University Facebook page to receive alerts when new classes (events) are added.
- We can still meet the needs of groups and organizations. We are currently scheduling both public and private class sessions. If you are interested in scheduling a private session for your group, email Kimberly Holmes to find out which of our programs can be adapted to suit your needs.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome! Please let us know if you have accessibility needs.