Products & Programs
A curriculum designed to reduce tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among youth ages 8-14.
What is Urban 4-H Health Rocks!®?
- Urban 4-H Health Rocks!® is a program designed to reduce tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among youth ages 8-14.
- Health Rocks!® is a national 4-H curriculum implemented in Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia (2017-2018).
What are the goals of Urban 4-H Health Rocks!®?
- Reduce youth smoking and tobacco use.
- Help youth build life skills that lead to healthy
- Engage youth and adults in partnerships to develop and implement community strategies to reduce smoking and other substance abuses.
- Build positive enduring relationships with youth, involved as full partners, to address at-risk behaviors
What to expect:
- Easy-to-use curriculum style
- Each activity is 30-45 minutes in length
- Interactive hands-on learning
- Can be used in 4-H clubs, after-school settings, classrooms and more
- Meets National Health Education Standards
The Health Rocks!® curriculum focuses on three general areas:
- All about me
- Learn how drugs affect behavior and the health consequences of drug use
- Learn and practice decision-making skills
- Understand stress and learn how to relieve it
- What influences me?
- Learn skills to resist risky behaviors
- Learn how family, peers, media and technology
- Taking it beyond me
- Share the message with the community
- Commit to and celebrate being drug-free
Ways to be Involved
- Contact the local 4-H extension office
- Request trainings
- Ask about incentives
- Tailor the program to your needs
- Run the program through your organization
Impacts & Reports
- 2017-2018 Alabama Data & Evaluation Summary
- Infographic: 2017-2018 Alabama Data & Evaluation Summary
Call or email us to reserve a Health Rocks!® session for your school, group or organization.
Alabama A&M University
Dr. Angela Williams
Office: (256) 372-5713