Products & Programs
To foster an appreciation for natural resources and encourage students to share the joy of reading, Alabama Extension is pleased to offer virtual story time. Lend an EAR as we explore environmental awareness through reading.
From kindergarten through third grade, a child’s ability to read grows by leaps and bounds. Children that are learning to read often get more information from listening to books read aloud rather than reading them independently.
Tune in on Thursdays
When: Thursdays, October 1 through November 5 from 1 to 2 p.m. CT
Where: The story time readings are presented through Zoom, an online video presentation format.
There is no cost to attend, but registration is required for this story time series. The Zoom meeting number and link will be provided upon completion of the online registration. Visit www.aces.edu/go/lendanear to register.
New to Zoom? Visit the Zoom website to watch a video that will help you prepare to attend. You do not have to set up a Zoom account to participate.
Schedule, Topics, and Book Titles*
- October 1 – Recycling
- Book: Michael Recycle by Ellie Bethel with illustrations by Alexandra Colombo
- October 8 – Water Quality
- Book: Clean Water for Elirose by Ariah Fine with illustrations by Don Robb
- October 15 – Forestry
- Book: The Busy Tree by Jennifer Ward with illustrations by Lisa Falkenstern
- October 22 – Wildlife
- Book: A Bee’s Difficult Search for Food by Mary Ellen Klukow with illustrations by Albert Pinilla
- October 29 – Natural Resources
- Book: Wonderful Nature, Wonderful You by Karin Ireland with illustrations by Christopher Canyon
- November 5 – Green Spaces
- Book: City Green by DyAnne DiSalvo-Ryan, author and illustrator
Contact Roosevelt Robinson for more information about this series or to learn about more natural resource programs offered throughout the state.
UESEP: Urban Environmental Science Education Program provides adults and youth with natural resource conservation strategies that lead to improved environmental awareness and stewardship.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome! Let us know if you have accessibility needs.
* Book links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Alabama Cooperative Extension System bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.