Career Countdown is an interactive program that aids in helping youth assess career interests, determine how their career interests align with the current job market and exploring how to reach their career goals.
Career Countdown is a program designed to:
- Provide students with insights into their career choices going forward and the paths it takes to get there.
- Assess the career interests of each student and have them participate in realistic simulations
- Simulations feature: managing household expenses based on the income they receive from their chosen profession.
Students learn money management strategies while gaining an understanding on how their lifestyles will be altered once they begin their career.
Career Countdown has made a signiﬁcant difference:
- Increasing study habits of students by 30%
- Helping students create their own career plans
- Improving students’ academic performance by 22%
- “Great program for students! Wish I had this growing up!” – Volunteer
- “I learned a lot and had fun! With this information, I will make better decisions as I decide on what I truly want to be when I grow up and what it takes to get there.” – 6th Grader
- “I ended up BROKE, but now I know it’s because the lifestyle I chose cannot be supported by my career choice. I’ll choose differently next time!” – 8th Grader
Alabama A&M University
Dr. Jazmine Brantley
Office: (256) 372-4966
Houston County Extension Office
Office: (334) 794-4108
Jefferson County Extension Office
Office: (205) 325-5342
Madison County Extension Office
Office: (256) 532-1578
Marshall County Extension Office
Office: (256) 582-2009
Mobile County Extension Office
Office (251) 574-8445