- Posters must be the original work of a student currently in the fifth grade.
- The use of cartoon characters or television, movie, or sports figures is not acceptable.
- The use of business or company names should not be included on the poster.
- All artwork must be finished and the artist’s signature must be in the lower right-hand corner on the front. Please include the entry form on the back of each poster (see below).
- One winning poster from each school will be accepted. Posters must be complete, signed, and submitted with the school winner report form (see below).
- Create posters in one of the specified mediums and within the correct size limits.
- Posters may be done in marker, colored pencil, crayon, watercolor, ink, acrylic, tempera paint, or paint pen.
- They may be any size between 8.5 x 11″ and 14 x 18″.
- Computer generated art and printing is not acceptable.
- They must be reproducible–no collages please (collages include anything glued to the poster).
- Posters must be flat. Folded, matted, mounted, laminated, or framed posters are not acceptable.
- The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way.
- The theme must be on the poster. The 2024 theme is Trees are Terrific…in Cities and Towns!
- Any and all writing should be spelled correctly and easy to read.
The deadline for entry is February 10, 2024. Send entries to the following address:
Alabama Arbor Day Poster Contest
1702 Noble Street, Suite 108
Anniston, AL 36201
Forms and Resources
- Download the 2024 Arbor Day Poster Contest entry form.
- Download the 2024 Arbor Day Poster Contest school winner report form.
- Download the teacher resource guide for the 2024 Arbor Day Poster Contest.
View other available activity guides and educational resources at www.arborday.org.
Congratulations to the 2023 Arbor Day Poster Contest winners Marriah Hain, Kassidy Cox, and Vivienne Chaney. View the Arbor Day Tree Planting Ceremony photos courtesy of the Governor’s Office.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or email@example.com.