Congratulations to the 2020 Arbor Day Poster Contest winners: Copeland Bender, Dylan Montgomery, and Lisa Morgan. Click here to view the Arbor Day Tree Planting Ceremony photos courtesy of the Governor’s Office.
- Posters must be the original work of a student currently in the fifth grade.
- The use of cartoon characters or television, movie, or sports figures is not acceptable.
- The use of business or company names should not be included on the poster.
- All artwork must be finished and the artist’s signature must be in the lower right-hand corner on the front. Please include the entry form on the back of each poster. Click to download the 2021 entry form.
- One winning poster from each school will be accepted. Posters must be complete–signed and submitted with the School Winner Report Form. Click to download the 2021 winner report form.
- Create posters in one of the specified mediums and within the correct size limits.
- Posters may be done in marker, colored pencil, crayon, watercolor, ink, acrylic, tempera paint, or paint pen. They may be any size between 8.5×11” and 14×18”.
- Computer generated art and printing is not acceptable.
- They must be reproducible–no collages please (collages include anything glued to the poster).
- Posters must be flat. Folded, matted, mounted, laminated, or framed posters are not acceptable.
- The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way.
- The theme must be on the poster. The 2021 theme is “Trees are Terrific…in Cities and Towns!”
- Any and all writing should be spelled correctly and easy to read.
- Click here to view available activity guides and educational resources.
The deadline for entry is February 10, 2021.
Alabama Arbor Day Poster Contest
1702 Noble Street, Suite 108
Anniston, AL 36201
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.