Starting March 28, young archers and marksmen across Alabama will star in a series of shooting sports championships hosted by Alabama 4-H.
Every year, each 4-H shooting sports discipline offers a state championship event, and the first-place senior team is eligible to attend the National 4-H Shooting Sports Championship.
Alabama 4-H offers instruction within the following disciplines: archery, shotgun, rifle, pistol, western heritage, and hunting and outdoor skills.
Alabama 4-H S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness Fun Education) covers firearm safety and teaches responsible handling, use and storage. 4-H S.A.F.E. is a youth development education program that emphasizes peer mentoring and positive interactions between youth and adults.
The program uses the skills and disciplines of safe shooting to teach the principles of responsible firearm ownership and assist young people and their leaders with essential life skills.
- March 28: Air Rifle, BB Gun and Air Pistol Championships
- April 17-19: Shotgun Championship
- April 25: Archery Championship
- May 2: .22 Smallbore Rifle Championship and the .22 Rimfire Pistol Championship
- June 21-26: National 4-H Championships