NORMAL, Ala. – The Virginia Caples Lifelong Learning Institute (VCLLI) springs into action with new classes and activities for 2019. Ideal for older adults age 50 and over, these classes and activities are free and open to the public unless cited otherwise.
- Home Gardening: Raised Bed Gardens
- Container Gardening Movement
- Computers for Seniors
- Write Your Life Story
- Around the House: Hinges, Knobs and Locks
- Fun Fitness: Line Dancing
- Basic Couponing
- Genealogy: Finding Your Roots
- Handcrafted Greeting Cards
- The Underground Railroad
- Health Care: Knowledge is Power
- Financial Knowledge and “Cents”
Activities Offered on Special Interest Fridays
- The Deep Roots of the Black Community in Downtown Huntsville: Let’s Step Back in Time
- Talk of a Lifetime
- Field Trip to Huntsville Museum of Art (Cost: $8.00 a person)
For general information, contact Cándra Johnson DeBose at (256) 372-7022.
Click below to download the VCLLI brochure and spring catalog:
The VCLLI was established under the technical guidance of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) at AAMU. It is named in honor of the late Dr. Virginia Caples, former 1890 extension administrator. The VCLLI builds upon the efforts of Alabama Extension’s Successful Aging Initiative and allows older adults to be active participants in the lifelong learning process.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or email@example.com.