The State 4-H Ambassadors are a team of 4-H members representing Alabama from across the state. Serving as ambassadors for Alabama 4-H, members represent the organization statewide while collaborating with Extension faculty to plan, coordinate, and facilitate activities and events. The Ambassadors further develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations, and team building through their involvement in the State Ambassadors program.
- Develop personal leadership communication skills and self-confidence
- Model effective youth-adult partnerships
- Change or improve the image of 4-H among selected audiences
- Ambassadors mirror diversity of the state
- Midwinter Teen Leadership Retreat planning and implementation
- Represent 4-H to the public at local and state events
- Promote 4-H to potential members and volunteers
- Demonstrate the impact 4-H has on the lives of young people and the community
- Promote 4-H to potential donors and provide them with opportunities to support the program
- Be a resource to county 4-H teams and state 4-H staff
How to become a State 4-H Ambassador
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or email@example.com.