4-H Senior Achievement identifies outstanding Alabama 4-H members who have excelled in one of the nine achievement areas of Alabama 4-H. These areas include:
- Animal Project—Production, Large Animal (beef, dairy, swine)
- Animal Project—Production, Small Animal (sheep, goats, poultry, meat rabbits)
- Animal Project—Companion Animal (dog, rabbit, cat)
- Equine Science
- Communications (public speaking, judging teams, photography)
- Foods and Nutrition/Family and Consumer Science
- Natural Resources (environmental science, S.A.F.E., wildlife, forestry, plants and soils)
- At Large Achievement
Applications will be judged by a screening committee of Extension professionals, 4-H Volunteers, and appropriate industry representatives. State achievement awards will be presented in both Senior Level I and Senior Level II if applications are received on time in 4HOnline and applications are of sufficient quality to merit an invitation to the Achievement interviews.
Senior Level I participants must be age 14 or 15 on January 1. Winners will receive a trip to the Southern Region Youth Leadership Conference and an Alabama State Trophy.
Senior Level II participants must be age 16 to 18 on January 1. Winners will receive a trip to National 4-H Congress (or another appropriate trip related to that project) and an Alabama State Trophy.
Those submitting applications are required to be interviewed if an invitation is extended to them. Interviews will be held in conjunction with Competitive Events Day. Interviews will be at the Alabama 4-H Center with the awards presented at the Competitive Events Day Awards Ceremony.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.