Home & Family
Live Well Alabama’s Secret Ingredient Fudge Brownies are hiding something, and this recipe is bursting to let everybody know. The big secret ingredient is black beans! This twist on a classic dessert is sure to be a hit for the family.
Tips: These tasty treats are lower in sugar and higher in fiber than boxed brownies. Mix in or top with your favorite dried fruit or nuts. Get creative!
- Cooking spray
- 1 can black beans, 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Use a fork or hand mixer to mash black beans into a smooth paste.
- Combine black bean paste with all other ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is dry and edges start to pull away from sides of the pan.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.
Click here to view the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.