Home & Family
Live Well Alabama’s Secret Ingredient Fudge Brownies are hiding something, and this recipe is bursting to let everybody know. The big secret ingredient is black beans! This twist on a classic dessert is sure to be a hit for the family.
Tips: These tasty treats are lower in sugar and higher in fiber than boxed brownies. Mix in or top with your favorite dried fruit or nuts. Get creative!
- Cooking spray
- 1 can black beans, 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Use a fork or hand mixer to mash black beans into a smooth paste.
- Combine black bean paste with all other ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is dry and edges start to pull away from sides of the pan.
For more Live Well Alabama recipes, visit LiveWellAlabama.com.