A totally cool bird moves into your neighborhood. It is a blue bird with a fabulous sense of style. Would you expect it to live in a plain wooden box? No way!
Your challenge is to construct the absolutely coolest birdhouse possible. It doesn’t have to be a real birdhouse. Don’t worry about it being weatherproof. It can be made of any material.
eXtreme Birdhouse lets you show off your creativity, share your design abilities, use your skill as an architect, artist or craftsman, and carry through on a challenging project.
What You Will Learn:
- The basics of good design.
- To recognize and practice good art and construction techniques.
- To explore your own design preferences, decisions, and choices.
- Learn and practice skills that will be useful in an array of careers.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 eXtreme Birdhouse Rules.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 eXtreme Birdhouse Scoresheet.
- Click to download a printable PDF of 4HYD-2241 Community Service Report.
- Click to view 4-H Competitive Events General Contest Policies.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, contact Extension Communications and Marketing at 334-844-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.