Join Alabama Extension’s animal science team at Alabama A&M University for monthly sessions as they explore emerging issues in small ruminant production systems. This series features speakers from different agricultural institutions. Producers will learn about key management concepts including reproduction (heat detection, buck and doe selection criteria, and diseases), silvopasture, management of poisonous plants to sheep and goats, forage quality and grazing management, and parasite control.
Join Us Online the Last Thursday of the Month
Admission is free, but registration is required to attend. The Zoom meeting number and link will be provided upon completion of the online registration. Visit www.aces.edu/go/goatsheepvseries to register.
New to Zoom? Visit the Zoom website to watch a video that will help you prepare to attend.
This webinar will also be available through Facebook Live on the Alabama Extension at Alabama A&M University Facebook page.
Schedule and Topics
- March 31 – Tackling Reproductive Constraints for Sheep and Goats
- Katelyn Waters, College of Veterinary and Medicine, Auburn University
- April 28 – Integrating Meat Goat Production in Agroforestry Systems and Managing Poisonous Plants to Small Ruminants
- Kozma Naka, College of Agricultural, Life, and Natural Sciences, Alabama A&M University
- Loretta Lynne Weninegar, Forestry, Ecology and Wildlife Program, Alabama A&M University
- May 26 – Creating and Implementing a Goat and Sheep Grazing Management Plan
- Valens Niyigena, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Alabama A&M University
- Darren Beachem, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Alabama A&M University
- June 30 – Managing Parasites in Sheep and Goats
- Henry Dorough, Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Auburn University
- July 28 – Processing and Marketing Goat Meat
- August 25 – Making Profits from Value-added Goat Dairy Products
- September 29 – Tools for Parasite Resistance and Tolerance in Sheep and Goats
- October 27 – The ABCs of Registering Your Sheep and Goats
- November 17* – Q&A Session on Managing Sheep and Goats
*November 17 is the third Thursday in November.