Join Alabama Extension’s animal science team at Alabama A&M University for monthly sessions as they explore emerging issues in small ruminant production systems. This series features speakers from different agricultural institutions across the United States to discuss emerging issues in the small ruminant production industry. Participants will also learn effective best management tools that are necessary for goat and sheep producers to run a profitable farm operation.
Join Us Online the Last Thursday of the Month
Admission is free, but registration is required to attend. The Zoom meeting number and link will be provided upon completion of the online registration. Visit www.aces.edu/go/goatsheepvseries to register.
New to Zoom? Visit the Zoom website to watch a video that will help you prepare to attend.
This webinar will also be available through Facebook Live on the Alabama Extension at Alabama A&M University Facebook page.
Schedule and Topics
- January 27 – Establishing a Successful Breeding Program
- February 24 – Improving Goat Enterprises: Budget Management and Seasonal Marketing Tools
- March 31 – Tackling Reproductive Constraints for Sheep and Goats
- April 28 – Goat Management: Silvopasture Systems and Poisonous Plants
- May 26 – Creating and Implementing a Goat and Sheep Grazing Management Plan
- June 30 – Managing Parasites in Sheep and Goats
- Topics will include: FAMACHA, fecal egg count, deworming, and natural dewormers.
- July 28 – Processing and Marketing Goat Meat
- August 25 – Making Profits from Value-added Goat Dairy Products
- September 29 – Tools for Parasite Resistance and Tolerance in Sheep and Goats
- October 27 – The ABCs of Registering Your Sheep and Goats
- November 17* – Q&A Session on Managing Sheep and Goats
- An open discussion about challenges and opportunities in the small ruminant industry.