Alabama Ready: COVID
There are several ways you can look for vaccination providers near you in the United States.
- Visit Vaccines.gov to find vaccination providers near you. In some states, information may be limited while more U. S. vaccination providers and pharmacies are being added. Learn more about COVID-19 Vaccination Locations on Vaccines.gov.
- Text your ZIP code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find vaccine locations near you in the United States.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccination appointments are available. Find out which pharmacies are participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
- Contact your state health department to find additional vaccination locations in the area.
- Check your local news outlets. They may have information on how to get a vaccination appointment.
The best COVID-19 vaccine is the first one that is available to you. Do not wait for a specific brand. All currently authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines:
CDC does not recommend one vaccine over another.
COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting you from getting sick. Based on what we know about COVID-19 vaccines, people who have been fully vaccinated can do things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
Source: Multiple webpages from the CDC
Materials developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and are available on the CDC website at no charge. The use of these materials–including any linked material to the websites of the CDC, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), and United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)–does not imply endorsement by any of these entities or the United States Government of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System or its products, facility, service, or enterprise.