Growing True Leaders
Alabama 4-H young people learn, lead, and make a difference. Young people work to positively impact and support each other during the club year. Through leadership and communication, they improve their skills while developing a sense of pride in their communities.
- 4-H is in every Alabama county
- 161,937 young people enrolled
- 3,346 clubs
- 10,038 officers
- 67 councils
- 68% know it’s important everyone has a chance to say what they think
- 56% are able to listen well to others
- 54% apply knowledge in ways to solve real-life problems in their community
- 52% enjoy learning about people who are different from them
The Bottom Line
4-H young people say citizenship and leadership opportunities improve their essential life skills.