Growing Alabama’s Future
Young people in Alabama 4-H learn, lead, and make a difference. Alabama 4-H is growing the next generation of citizens, leaders, and workers while instilling essential skills and positive identity.
- 4-H is in every Alabama county
- 161,937 young people enrolled
- 3,571 high school seniors
- 35 scholarships awarded for post-secondary education
- 90% said workplace skills are important
- 97% want to make a difference
- 96% know what they’re good at
- 82% know more about what they want to do after high school
The Bottom Line
4-H young people are better prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century workplace in recognizing the value of lifelong learning.