211 Duncan Hall–ACES | Auburn University, Alabama
36849 334-844-2276 | email@example.com | www.alabama4h.com | v2.4honline.com
*Location and times may change due to COVID-19.
- Must be enrolled 4-H member through 4HOnline
- Must be at least 14 years old by January 1 of the starting term year
- Be a high school sophomore, junior, or senior
- Must have completed at least one full club year as an active 4-H member
- Must have participated and demonstrated leadership in a variety of youth development activities
- Must demonstrate commitment to community service and volunteerism
- Must have experience in planning and delivering events and activities
- Must demonstrate ability to work as a team member and individually with both youth and adults
- Have diverse knowledge of the total Alabama 4-H Youth Development Program
- Opportunity to further develop leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Gain experience in planning, implementing, and participating in statewide educational, leadership, and service-related programs
- Greater understanding of the 4-H Youth Development Program
- Being able to represent 4-H and Alabama as a 4-H Ambassador Delegate
- Supporting the mission and vision of Alabama 4-H
- Supporting various local, county, regional, and statewide programs and activities, including public presentations, leadership development opportunities, and community service
- Assisting with an innovative and high-profile Ambassador Community Service Project
- Providing leadership for Midwinter Teen Leadership Retreat, Alabama 4-H State Competitive Events Day, and other 4-H events as assigned; the Ambassador president will have additional meeting requirements
State Ambassador Application Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 14 years old by January 1 of the starting term year
- The application for 2022-2023 State Ambassador must be received in its entirety by May 2, 2022 through 4HOnline.
The following pieces are part of that application process:
- 1. 4HOnline Application
- 2. 4-H Resume
Mandatory Meeting Dates
Interview dates will be on May 24 at the Alabama 4-H Center and May 25 at Auburn University.
- Only an application through 4HOnline of sufficient quality will merit an invitation to interview. Be aware of the high commitment and standards that come with being an Alabama 4-H Ambassador. As a 4-H Ambassador, you are the face of Alabama 4-H at all times. You must demonstrate high ethical standards. Below are the mandatory meeting dates:
*Note that you may be asked to participate in other state, county, or regional events that are not listed.
- Ambassador planning meeting June 22 and 23 at the Alabama 4-H Center
- State 4-H Competitive Event Day June 24
- Midwinter planning meeting January 6 and 7 at Auburn University
- Midwinter preparation meeting February 2 at the Alabama 4-H Center
- Midwinter Retreat February 3 through February 5 at the Alabama 4-H Center
Joy Scott, Extension Specialist, 4-H and Youth Development, Auburn University.
Revised January 2022, Alabama 4-H Ambassadors, 4HYD-2152