Alabama Extension inspires, educates, and transforms our communities. Our employees do so by delivering research from the campuses of Alabama A&M and Auburn Universities to all counties in the state of Alabama. We invite you to join a team that is dedicated to our mission, passionate about serving others, and committed to making a positive impact in Alabama. Click here to learn more about the Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
Types of Positions
- Regional Extension Agents are community based expert educators in one or more of our four program areas: (1) Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources, (2) Alabama 4-H, (3) Human Sciences Extension, and (4) Urban Extension.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources: Provide relevant and research-based management information and educational programs to commercial producers, industry personnel, and homeowners.
- Alabama 4-H: Provide leadership, direction, organization, and implementation of a county 4-H program to develop, grow, and empower the youth of Alabama.
- Human Sciences Extension: Conduct practical, community-based educational programs to empower individuals, families, and communities.
- Urban Extension: Provide learning opportunities to meet the needs of all urban and nontraditional audiences with a specific focus on limited resource families, underserved audiences, individuals, and small enterprises.
- County Extension Coordinators are community-based professionals of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System who represent the science-based resources and other resources available through Alabama A&M University and Auburn University. They are recognized as community leaders who address the contemporary challenges, issues, and opportunities facing the citizens of the county through university programs and knowledge.
- Extension Specialists work as a part of a team to provide research-based programs and information in their specific discipline to Regional Extension Agents. Extension Specialists may be full-time Extension or a combination of Extension/research/teaching appointments within the college/school of their enterprise. Specialists may be non-tenure track faculty or tenure track faculty roles. Most specialist roles are located on the campus of Auburn University or Alabama A&M University.
- Professional Support Staff are innovative and service oriented professionals that help get the job done for 67 county offices, 9 urban centers, 6 research and Extension centers, 3 plant diagnostic laboratories, and the Alabama 4-H Center. Administrative units include Alabama Extension Administration, Communications and Marketing, Information Technology, and the Business Office.
- County Staff serve clientele in their respective locations by providing administrative or programmatic support. County staff have daily interaction with the community and assist clientele with access to Extension resources and services. These positions are integral to the daily operations of county offices.