- 10/23 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 10/23 - Parasite Management
- 10/30 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/06 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/12 - Blackbelt Small Ruminant Improvement Association
- 11/13 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/20 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/27 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 12/04 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 12/11 - Alabama Livestock Sales
Water Catchment System
The water catchment system at the Small Ruminant Outreach Center was installed July 15, 2014, on the front roof as a joint effort between Alabama’s Mountains, Rivers & Valleys Resource Conservation & Development Council, Inc (AMRV RC&D). and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES). The half-day's labor to install the system was supplied by Mike Roden, Executive Director and Jay Grantland, Projects Manager, both with AMRV RC&D, and Marcus Garner, Urban Regional Extension Agent, Madison County and Robert Spencer, Urban Regional Extension Specialist, Lauderdale County, both with ACES.
The catchment system’s gutters and downspout are connected to an 1100-gallon catchment tank. This tank will fill with usable water at the rate of 935 gallons for every one inch of rainfall on this front section of the roof.
Plans are in place to use the water in the catchment system to provide irrigation for garden beds containing various ethnic vegetables near the Center.