- 02/27 - Farming 101- Session #2 Livestock Management
- 03/03 - Spring Workshop: ?Sheep Flock and Goat Herd Health Management? Hands-on Demonstrations
- 03/17 - Spring Workshop:?Sheep Flock and Goat Herd Health Management?
- 04/14 - Spring Workshop: ?Sheep Flock and Goat Herd Health Management?
- 05/05 - Spring Workshop: ?Sheep Flock and Goat Herd Health Management?
- Small Ruminant Biology: Educational outreach programs and activities that allow producers to become and remain skillful in areas such as animal nutrition, genetics, reproductive management, and health are delivered at the center.
- Gastrointestinal Parasite Control: Parasite control methods that decrease reliance on chemical dewormers and stress the importance of using FAMACHA©, fecal egg counts, and other research-based strategies are a focal point to improve animal health.
- Forage Resource Management: The use of forage-based feeding systems for grazing that meets the nutrient requirements of sheep and goats are highlighted, especially the utilization of perennial forages and performance of sheep and goats under mixed-species grazing.
- Appropriate Breed Resources: Producers are updated on goat and sheep breed types and crosses that are resistant or resilient to gastrointestinal nematodes, and breed year-round.
- Meat Quality Assurance and Safety: Outreach methodologies that focus on sheep and goat handling, feed purchasing, record-keeping, production of meat without residue of animal health products, and the HACCP system are integral components of educational activities.