- 11/13 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/19 - Goat Management Class
- 11/20 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/27 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/29 - Goat Management Basics Class
- 12/04 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 12/11 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 12/15 - Small Ruminants Recognition Banquet
- 12/18 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- Small Ruminant Biology: Educational outreach programs and activities that allow producers to become and remain skillful in areas such as animal nutrition, genetics, reproductive management, and health are delivered at the center.
- Gastrointestinal Parasite Control: Parasite control methods that decrease reliance on chemical dewormers and stress the importance of using FAMACHA©, fecal egg counts, and other research-based strategies are a focal point to improve animal health.
- Forage Resource Management: The use of forage-based feeding systems for grazing that meets the nutrient requirements of sheep and goats are highlighted, especially the utilization of perennial forages and performance of sheep and goats under mixed-species grazing.
- Appropriate Breed Resources: Producers are updated on goat and sheep breed types and crosses that are resistant or resilient to gastrointestinal nematodes, and breed year-round.
- Meat Quality Assurance and Safety: Outreach methodologies that focus on sheep and goat handling, feed purchasing, record-keeping, production of meat without residue of animal health products, and the HACCP system are integral components of educational activities.