- 10/23 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 10/23 - Parasite Management
- 10/30 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/06 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/12 - Blackbelt Small Ruminant Improvement Association
- 11/13 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/20 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 11/27 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 12/04 - Alabama Livestock Sales
- 12/11 - Alabama Livestock Sales
Location and Facility
The Small Ruminant Outreach Center is situated on the near Eastern section of Alabama A&M University’s Winfred Thomas Agricultural Research Station. This 900-acre station is located at 372 Walker Lane, Hazel Green, Alabama, just 8.5 miles north of campus, via North Memorial Parkway or US-231 N/US-431 N.
The facility, designed to accommodate sheep and goats, consists of a 40’x60’ semi-enclosed pole barn complete with utilities. The building is sectioned off into multiple areas, including two loafing areas, two feeding and working areas, and two areas for storing equipment, feed, etc. The surrounding areas include more than 16 acres of grazing area enclosed with perimeter and cross fences, and gates. Fences are a combination of livestock woven wire and electrified wire. Equipment includes multiple feeders, water troughs, hay cradles, portable panels and gates, working station, head catch, and tilt-table for containing animals during working sessions.