- About Family Life Center
- Family Life Center Home
- Urban Home
- 03/23 - Back to Basics: Lawn & Landscape Management
- 03/30 - Estate Planning Workshop
- 04/07 - Mason Bee Workshop
- 04/10 - Farming 101 Session #5- Beekeeping
- 04/14 - Spring Workshop: ?Sheep Flock and Goat Herd Health Management?
- 04/14 - Drug TakeBack with Decatur Police Departemnt
- 04/19 - Tomato Workshop
- 04/28 - ACES Electronic Waste Collection Event
- 04/29 - 2018 Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals National Conference
- 04/30 - 2018 Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals National Conference
Family Life Center
Serving individuals, families, & communities since 1999!
About Family Life Center
The Family Life Center (FLC) was established in 1999 through a partnership between the Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s Urban Affairs and New Nontraditional Programs Unit, the Huntsville Housing Authority, and the Alabama A&M University’s Department of Family & Consumer Sciences.
Family Life Center Mission
The FLC’s commitment is to actively contribute to and establish sustaining programs and activities that help build strong families by providing unique and innovative opportunities for individuals to foster coping and survival skills within their own family, their community, and the world.
Family Life Center Objectives
The objectives of the FLC are to assist individuals and families in:
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of family members at all stages of family life
- Understanding how families are different
- Developing positive parenting skills
- Promoting healthy living and good nutrition
- Utilizing practical approaches to manage resources
- Managing and reduce family conflicts to ensure safe, well-adjusted families and communities
- Preparing for the workforce and manage work and family life