Emergency Handbook



Find the nearest location at www.offices.usda.gov or (202) 720-2791

USDA Agencies and Programs

Farm Service Agency (FSA)
(202) 720-3467 or http://askfsa.custhelp.com

  • Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC)
  • Emergency Loans
  • Disaster Set-Aside (DSA)
  • Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP)
  • Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
  • Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP)
  • Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP)
  • Emergency Haying and Grazing of Conservation Reserve Program (CRP)
  • Emergency Conservation Program (ECP)
  • Emergency Forest Restoration Program (MPP)

Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
(202) 720-3210

  • The Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)
  • Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
  • Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP)

National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA)

Rural Development (RD)
(800) 670-6553

  • Water and Environmental Programs (WEP)
    Emergency Community Water Assistant Grants

Risk Management Agency (RMA)
(202) 690-2803 or http://www.rma.usda.gov

  • Variety of crop and livestock related insurance products

Minority Farm Register
(202) 720-6350 or advocacyandoutreach@osec.usda.gov


This document is part of a larger publication titled Emergency Handbook: Preparation and Recovery (ACES-2168).

The Emergency Handbook is available digitally as an iBook and on the web. Use the left-hand navigation bar to access all topics and pages. This publication is not available in print. To download or print the pages you need, please look for Printable PDF Download this information.

For more information, contact your county Extension office.