Wednesday, December 2, 2009
||The Value of Forest Genetics: A Workshop for Forester Managers and Landowners
||12/2/09 7:30am |
||12/2/09 5:30pm |
||ACES Forestry, Wildlife & Natural Resource Mngt.
||Westervelt Headquarters and Hotel Capstone, Tuscaloosa, AL
||Tori Batista Brooks
||A two-day workshop for landowners and forest managers on the value of forest genetics for plantation forestry. Tuesday-Wednesday, December 1-2, 2009 at Westervelt Company Headquarters and Capstone Hotel, Tuscaloosa, AL.
WHY ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
- Is your land managed to reach its optimal potential?
- Do you want to enhance your forest for increased value and economic return?
- How do I know I'm using the best loblolly pine genetics for my land?
- What options do I have for reforesting my land?
Agenda Topics Will Include:
- The potential productivity of loblolly pine plantations
- How genetic improvement enhances stand value
- The importance of early rotation cultural practices
- What genetics should a landowner plant?
- Financial analysis of genetic and cultural treatments
- Future technologies to enhance the value of forest plantations
Genetics Workshop Fee: $100
The fee will catered refreshments, lunch on Tuesday, meeting materials and evening
reception. Spaces limited, first come first serve!
||12/2/09 9:00am |
||12/2/09 4:00pm |
||ACES Food Safety, Preparation & Preservation
||105 Judy Smith Lane, Guntersville
||State mandated food service manager certification class and exam taught and proctored in Spanish.|