- Economic & Community Development Institute
- Related ACES Publications
- Related ECDI Publications
- 05/24 - Connected Community Forum: Broadband Adoption
- 05/28 - Small Business Workshop
- 05/29 - St. Clair County Farmers Market Grand Opening
- 05/30 - Small Business Workshop
- 06/04 - E-Commerce
- 06/11 - E-Workforce
- 06/13 - Estate Planning for Farmers and Landowners
- 06/18 - You Can't Take it With You
- 06/20 - 2nd Annual 2013 Central AL Veterans, Service Members & Families Resource Fair
- 06/20 - You Can't Take it With You!
New Ways to Meet CAFO Continuing Education Requirements
Managing an animal feeding operation (AFO) and using best management practices means staying informed regarding current regulatory requirements and the latest technology, equipment, management, and disposal methods relating to waste and wastewater. All personnel involved in managing AFOs or concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) need current information in order to make and manage plans that effectively safeguard groundwater and surface water quality and reduce odor. Continuing education training is one way to stay up to date. It is required by law in Alabama for CAFOs and, while not required for AFOs, is very worthwhile in helping AFO owners ensure that their operations continue to meet all requirements for waste management. This publication explains how the AFO/CAFO continuing education program works, how you can benefit from it, and what you should do to make sure you comply with the law. more...