- Alabama Animal Waste and Nutrient Management Team
- AFO/CAFO Continuing Education
- Certified Animal Waste Vendor
- Qualified Credentialed Professional (QCP)
- ADEM/EPA Policies & Regulations
- Related Sites and Technical Resources
- AAWM Home
Livestock & Poultry
- 08/18 - Dallas County Farmers Market
- 08/21 - Dallas County Farmers Market
- 08/23 - Dallas County Farmers Market
- 08/25 - Dallas County Farmers Market
- 08/28 - Dallas County Farmers Market
- 08/28 - Systems 360 Northwest Alabama
- 08/28 - Should I Be a Business Entity? Which One?
- 08/30 - Dallas County Farmers Market
- 08/30 - Should I Be a Business Entity? Which One?
- 08/30 - Feral Hog Management (Henry County)
About the AAWNM Team
The Overall Objective of the AAWNM Team
"To use Extension and research resources to assist animal producers and the animal production industry to be stewards of the land, water and air of Alabama by successfully addressing animal waste management issues using scientifically, environmentally and economically sound waste utilization solutions."
AAWNM is a collaborative effort of Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Auburn University College of Agriculture, and Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station, cooperating with commodity groups, state resource and regulatory agencies, and the Alabama Interagency Waste Management Team (IWMT).
AAWNM AU campus-based team members are experts in a variety of areas related to animal waste management, environmental regulations, agricultural economics, crop and soil science, water quality and agricultural pollution prevention.
Some of the more recently active campus & regional-based aawm specialist members include:
- Rishi Prasad of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences
- Kent Stanford housed at the Sand Mountain Research and Extension Center
Alabama Cooperative Extension System County or Regional Agents who are active in Extension Animal Waste Management programming efforts, including Extension Team Projects or In-Service Training, complete the AAWNM Extension/Research Team.
For more information, or for a referral to another AAWNM Team specialist, please contact: