Speak Up Alabama
Do you want to stand up for what you believe? Do you want to be able to inspire or educate people on important issues? Well, the two Speak-Up Alabama events are the 4-H events for you!
Speak-Up Alabama helps build your leadership, citizenship and communications skills. 4-H public speaking events have had a powerful impact on dozens of Alabama's civic and business leaders - lawyers, corporate presidents, ministers, political leaders and Extension staff.
- Persuasive Public Speaking is all about trying to change your audience's attitudes and ways of thinking. If you want youth to start exercising more, then you persuade them. If you want your community to build a skate park, then you'll need to persuade people.
- Informative Public Speaking is about the facts. If you think that Rosa Parks was an interesting person, then tell your audience about her. If you think that technology is changing Alabama, inform your audience about those changes.
Speak-Up Alabama lets you:
- Build your skills as an impressive public speaker.
- Express yourself clearly and persuasively.
- Become more aware of challenges and opportunities facing young people, families and communities.
What You Will Learn:
- How to choose a topic that fits your audience.
- How to research a timely and interesting subject.
- How to write an effective speech.
- How to deliver your speech before a live audience.